The Prestonwood Student Worship Ministry is going to Hawaii!! High School, join us from July 11-19 on Aloha Project, as we go on mission to share the gospel with the people of Oauhu, Hawaii! We’ve got our work cut out for us, with ample ministry and concert opportunities already in the works! Register NOW, below! Registration closes December 1.
The deadline for submitting your application for the 2024 Student Choir Mission Trip is Friday, Dec 1, 2023.
You must be a member of The Prestonwood Student Choir in order to apply. Once you complete your application process, it will be thoroughly reviewed and you will be notified with further instruction when you are accepted.
Trip: July 11 – 19, 2024
Homecoming Concert: July 21, 7pm
Family Group Reveal: April 21
Dance / Vocal Auditions: April 28
Forms Due: June 1
Parent Meeting: June 23
Mandatory Rehearsals: July 8&9
- Sunday Rehearsals: 4 absences allowed in Spring Semester
- Family Group Meetings: Only 1 absence allowed
- Family Group Meeting Dates: April 21 (Family Group Reveal), May 19, June 2, 23,30, and July 7
- Mandatory Parent Meeting: June 23. At least 1 parent must be present at the meeting.
TRIP COST & FUNDRAISING INFORMATION
Our church believes in Missions, Students, and Worship and because of this we are able to offer this years trip at an incredible price! Prestonwood automatically subsidizes all members trips keeping the cost of this mission trip to the participant at $1,795. This cost is all-inclusive (air and ground transportation, lodging, all meals, trip T-shirts, etc.) with the exception of the following:
- Required shorts / pants and tennis shoes
- Optional spending money
- Deposit $300: Due upon registration, by December 1, 2023
- Payment 1 $500: Due by Feb 1, 2024
- Payment 2 $500: Due by April 1, 2024 (DROP DAY)
- Payment 3 $495: Due by June 1, 2024
Prestonwood makes a significant financial investment for each participant by covering a portion of the cost for church members. Due to this, we are unable to provide any additional financial assistance for students.
*** All payments and donations are tax-deductible but are nonrefundable/not transferable. ***
SPIRITUAL COMMITMENT CRITERIA
Because all Student Worship Ministry “short-term” mission trips are a direct extension of the Prestonwood mission and purpose, mission trip participants are to express a lifestyle of spiritual commitment in the following areas:
- Have made a personal commitment to Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior.
- Have been scripturally baptized by immersion after salvation experience.
- Have active member of a local church (i.e.: Bible fellowship, music ministry, etc.)
- Maintain consistent Worship Attendance.
MISSION TRIP APPLICATIONS ACCEPTANCE PRIORITIES
Mission Trip application priority is given to PBC members.
Non-church members are permitted to participate in Prestonwood Music Mission trips only if they meet the Spiritual Commitment Criteria (see above).