July 12 – 21, 2023
We are excited to announce that The Prestonwood Student Choir is returning to the United Kingdom, this summer, on King’s Project 2023! We’ll be ministering all over the north of England, from Teesside, to York, and even as far as Edinburgh, Scotland! Partnering with churches such as The Belfrey Chruch and Coulby Newham Baptist Church, and parachurch organizations like Tees Valley Youth for Christ and Transforming Teesside Together, we cannot wait to go and be the hands and feet of Jesus, in the United Kingdom. In addition to these service opportunities, we will perform dynamic outreach concerts, opening up an opportunity to share the Gospel with all those in attendance! Would you consider joining us on mission, this July 12-21, as we take the Gospel to the United Kingdom?
The deadline for submitting your application for the 2023 Student Choir Mission Trip is Thursday, Dec 1, 2023.
You must be a member of The Prestonwood Student Choir in order to apply. Once you complete your application process, it will be thoroughly reviewed and you will be notified with further instruction when you are accepted.
Trip: July 12 – 21, 2023
Homecoming Concert: July 23, 7pm
Family Group Reveal: April 23
Dance / Vocal Auditions: April 30
Forms Due: May 1
Parent Meeting: June 18
Mandatory Rehearsals: July 8/9
- Sunday Rehearsals: 4 absences allowed in Spring Semester
- Family Group Meetings: Only 1 absence allowed
- Family Group Meeting Dates: April 23 (Family Group Reveal), May 7, 21, June 4, 18, 25, and July 9
- Mandatory Parent Meeting: June 18. At least 1 parent must be present at the meeting.
TRIP COST & FUNDRAISING INFORMATION
Our church believes in Missions, Students, and Worship and because of this we are able to offer this years trip at an incredible price! Prestonwood automatically subsidizes all members trips keeping the cost of this mission trip to the participant at $2,095. All non-members will be charged the full trip cost of $3,295.
This cost is all-inclusive (air and ground transportation, lodging, all meals, trip T-shirts, etc.) with the exception of the following:
- Required shorts / pants and tennis shoes
- Optional spending money
- Deposit $300: Due upon registration, by December 1, 2022
- Payment 1 $600 ($1,000 for non-member): Due by Feb 1, 2023
- Payment 2 $600 ($1,000for non-member): Due by April 1, 2023
- Payment 3 $595 ($995 for non-member): Due by June 1, 2023
Prestonwood makes a significant financial investment for each participant by covering a portion of the cost for church members. Due to this, we are unable to provide any additional financial assistance for students.
*** All payments and donations are tax-deductible but are nonrefundable/not transferable. ***
SPIRITUAL COMMITMENT CRITERIA
Because all Student Worship Ministry “short-term” mission trips are a direct extension of the Prestonwood mission and purpose, mission trip participants are to express a lifestyle of spiritual commitment in the following areas:
- Have made a personal commitment to Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior.
- Have been scripturally baptized by immersion after salvation experience.
- Have active member of a local church (i.e.: Bible fellowship, music ministry, etc.)
- Maintain consistent Worship Attendance.
MISSION TRIP APPLICATIONS ACCEPTANCE PRIORITIES
Mission Trip application priority is given to PBC members.
Non-church members are permitted to participate in Prestonwood Music Mission trips only if they meet the Spiritual Commitment Criteria (see above).
Only Prestonwood members will receive a subsidy of $1,200 toward their trip expenses. Non-members are required to pay the full trip cost of $3,295 for the 2023 Student Choir Mission Trip.